Join us! We’re recruiting a Senior Programme Officer
We're looking for a Senior Programme Officer to join our team!
London – hybrid (2 days a week in office)
£29,007 – £33,649
February 28, 2024
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Programme Officer, who is committed to women’s economic justice, to join our team on a permanent, full time basis.
Disclaimer: Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. All applicants must have the full legal right to work in the UK as the Foundation does not offer sponsorship at this time.
About the role
The Senior Programme Officer (SPO) will support the Head of Entrepreneurship and Senior Programme Managers in the Entrepreneurship team to develop and deliver entrepreneurship projects through partners in low and middle income countries. The SPO will work across different elements of the programme management cycle, business development and other cross-team initiatives to ensure the team designs and delivers high impact programmes for women entrepreneurs.
For full information on this role, please download the job description.
What the Foundation can offer you
- You’ll be entitled to a fantastic package of 28 days of annual leave (three of which must be taken during the end of December holiday period).
- You will be part of an organisation that values you. As a smaller organisation, we value everyone’s individual perspective and voice and seek all staffs input into strategy, annual plans, and organisational values.
- We have a positive, caring, and collaborative culture. We are proud of our leadership and management style that encourages teamwork, open and honest communication, while maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where everyone can thrive.
- You’ll have one-on-one regular meetings with your line manager or director to focus on career and professional development while also taking an interest in your personal wellbeing.
About the Foundation
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women exists to create a future where women everywhere enjoy equal economic opportunities so they can thrive. Together with partners around the world, we work with women in low and middle income countries so they can start, sustain and grow successful enterprises. We collaborate to create fairer business environments so women are not constrained by gendered barriers and can reach their potential on their terms.
Since 2008, our training and mentoring services have supported more than 230,000 women to build successful micro, small and medium enterprises in over 100 countries. By blending insights from research, strong partnerships and pioneering technology we open doors for women entrepreneurs to skills, confidence, networks, finance and markets. We press for change to stop millions of women being held back from having the choice and opportunity to thrive.
Our gender transformative approach means women can achieve their own economic objectives. They create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. They contribute to thriving, fair economies, and global economic justice.
How to apply
To apply, please download the job description and send us the following:
- Covering letter addressing relevant experience for the role (one A4 page maximum)
- We will not accept or consider applications submitted without a cover letter
- When writing your cover letter, please refer to the job description, focussing on the essential and desirable criteria
- Current CV (two A4 pages maximum)
Please send your application, or any questions you might have, to email@example.com by Sunday, 28 February 23:59 GMT.
The first round of interviews will be held on Monday, 11 March – Wednesday, 13 March .
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. Please let us know if you have any access requirements that you would like us to be aware of during this process.
For information purposes, we request that you complete the Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) monitoring form when you submit your application. This is not mandatory but supports the Foundation it’s with EDI goals and objectives. All information is private, and we abide by stringent GDPR and data processing management systems. The link is available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LG35KF5
Due to the large number of applications we receive, please note that you will only be contacted should we wish to invite you to interview.
Thank you for your interest in the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women. We look forward to receiving your application.