Mentee applications are now open to our flagship Mentoring Women in Business programme! If you’re a woman based in a low or middle income country who is running her own business, or plans to launch one in the next three months, this is a valuable opportunity to build your business, skills, and networks through a year of cross-border mentoring.
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women releases the potential of women entrepreneurs who face the biggest barriers to economic equality. Through our pioneering Mentoring Women in Business Programme, we match women entrepreneurs with mentors – men and women business professionals – from around the world, to help them start and grow successful businesses.
If you apply for our next intake, your mentoring year will run from May 2020 to May 2021, and is entirely based online. As a mentee, you’ll work one-on-one with a dedicated business mentor for one year, meeting online for two hours a month to work on personal and business goals. Mentees achieve outstanding results, from revising business plans and strategies to launching products, gaining confidence, building business skills, improving financial systems, growing networks and more. Of the mentees graduating last November:
- 91% increased their self-confidence
- 81% developed leadership skills
- 87% developed stronger business decision making capabilities
- 80% increased their personal networks
- 90% improved their communication skills
Since launching the programme in 2012, the Foundation has reached over 8,000 mentees and mentors, operating across 105 countries. As a mentee, you’ll be joining a global network and will have access to an exclusive online platform where you can tap into a range of online learning resources. Click here to hear from mentees about their experience and the impact the programme has had on their business.
The Foundation has a dedicated team that supports all mentees throughout their time on the programme. Mentees who complete the programme will be able to use a special title and receive a certificate to mark their participation on the programme.
There are some strict selection criteria to ensure that the programme is the best fit for its participants, and that everyone involved has the most productive experience possible. Mentees must be…
- Running their own business, or about to launch a business in the next three months
- A woman from – and living in – a low or middle income country
- Proficient in English (at an intermediate level or above)
- Able to meet with their mentor online at least two hours a month (using online video platforms such as Skype, Google Hangouts or WhatsApp video), for the full duration of the year
- Willing to complete four feedback questionnaires during the programme
- Able to access the internet and send emails to their mentor every week
- Passionate about working with a mentor to build their skills and confidence, and achieve key learning objectives
- Keen to contribute to an international community of entrepreneurs
Selection is competitive, and we mainly accept applications from women who have been nominated by our local partners. We only accept exceptional independent applications on a case-by-case basis. Find out if there’s a partner in your country here.
Interested? Here’s how to get involved, in five easy steps:
- Review the selection criteria here.
- If you weren’t nominated by one of our local, in-country partners, get in touch with one of them to ask about being nominated as a mentee.
- Complete the online application form, which helps the Foundation find you a mentor who is a good match with the areas you need support with.
- If successful, you’ll be invited to go through an online training and have an interview with our team.
- The Foundation will match you with your mentor and you’ll start your mentoring relationship in May 2020.
Applications are open now! Apply by 6 April by clicking here.