Our Founder and Chair of the campaign Cherie Blair CBE QC is convening a Global Campaign Board with a select group of visionary philanthropists, business leaders and experts in the field who will help us raise £10 million. In the coming months we’ll announce chairs for Africa and Asia. For now, you can learn more about our European and Latin American Chairs.
Cherie Blair QC CBE
Cherie is a leading human rights lawyer, philanthropist and committed campaigner for women’s rights. In 2008, she established the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, inspired by her experiences of meeting women across the world during her time in Downing Street as the wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. As a successful businesswoman, Cherie has also set up Omnia Strategy, a pioneering international firm providing the opportunity for barristers, solicitors and non-lawyers to work collaboratively to counsel governments, corporate and private clients. Cherie remains closely involved with charities with a special emphasis on women and children and was awarded a CBE in 2013 for services to women’s issues and to charity in the UK and overseas.
Angela has a background in Private Equity and Financial Services and consulted for both Bloomberg and the Financial Times. She has experience in art curation and ran the Alexander Ochs Gallery in Beijing, China. Angela has a Bsc in Banking and International Finance from CASS Business School, a Masters in Arts of China from Christie’s Further Education and also completed the Bar Course at a BPP University. She is passionate about women’s economic empowerment. Having adopted one of her children from an orphanage in Russia, Angela believes in the power that comes from unlocking women’s entrepreneurial abilities and the benefits that can bring to children, to families and even to whole communities.
Beatriz Gasca Acevedo
Latin America Chair
Bea is a Human Resources and Social Responsibility expert. She has a Masters in Human Development and this year she received a PhD Honoris Causa for her tireless work to promote gender equity in the corporate world. She is also a certified Coach. Bea started her professional career in Whirlpool, and continued at Nestlé then Aeroméxico and is currently the CHRO at GinGroup. Bea has been recognized by Mundo Ejecutivo magazine as the youngest CHRO transforming the human capital in México. In 2017, she was named by Forbes as one of the 100 most powerful women in México. As an activist, she is regularly invited to educate professionals on how to make diversity and inclusion more tangible.
Asia Pacific Chair
North America Chair
Board membership is voluntary and undertaken by individuals in their personal capacity. They are not formally employed by or representatives of the charity.
- Help to transform the women’s economic empowerment landscape by personally making a leadership gift to the Campaign
- Attend quarterly online campaign board meetings with like-minded, visionary philanthropists, business leaders and advocates
- Personally recruit other members, to help them enlist gifts within your network in Europe or globally
- Attend bespoke, engaging events with individuals in the Foundation’s network
- Personally approach other people or organisations to secure gifts to the Campaign
- Work to support the growth of the Foundation’s funding network under the umbrella of the 100,000 Women Campaign. Advisors will serve a public facing role, advocating on behalf of the Foundation
- Personally identify, recruit and encourage individuals in your network to support the Fundraising campaign
- Agree a fundraising target and work with campaign board members and Foundation staff to secure
- Facilitate meetings with prospective supporters
- Work closely with the Foundation team to engage your network with our organisation
- Attend networking opportunities with Campaign Board members and Foundation network
- Host events to raise vital funds for the Foundation
Interested in joining us?
You don’t have to be a board member to support our campaign. We welcome other contributions.